Music Banter - View Single Post - Marte Deborah Dalelv Rape Incident
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #145 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
How can it be slander, when you've constantly implied before that individual races shouldn't mix and the superiority of your race and culture over others?

I've not seen where you've discussed this about Arabs and sure a percentage of Arabs are white, but the majority are certainly not.
It's slander, Soldier, because I've stated before that I have a black girlfriend. So, you know, my place where I lay my head down to sleep everynight is mixed race. Is it mixed culturally? No, because my girlfriend is as american as apple pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark;1352213[u
]I disagree that it can't be called misogynistic[/u], however clearly if you're calling attention to misogyny in cultures unlike your own and not even caring about the misogyny in your own culture you're yeah....probably a racist. I say that it can still be called misogynistic because misogynistic behaviour is still misogynistic behaviour (this part isn't to you hhbh) and painting a whole culture with the misogyny brush....you guessed it....makes you a fucking racist.
I think it can't be called misogynistic because the conception of gender equality that's being projected unto these countries is Western in origin. Equality, of any kind, is not an abstract absolute but a byproduct of a cultural dialogue.