Music Banter - View Single Post - The Sexual Experience Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #9008 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
The amount is a problem. I think we have sex something like every fifth day on average, so a little more than once a week. I'd like to have sex two to three times a week. Just writing it, I know there are probably married men who would read this and think I am fuzzing over nothing. Maybe I am.
I don't think you're expecting too much, my partner and I have sex probably two to three times a week on average, and I thought THAT wasn't enough! We are both really busy (I work days, he works nights) so 2 to 3 times a week is a lot for us. When we are both having time off work or not so busy, we'll probably do it every second day, which I consider a lot I guess. I don't think you're expecting too much, I guess you can just keep bringing it up with her gently and trying new things to spice it up and stuff, but that's hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
What? you want sex two to three times a week as a married man? who do you think you are sir?
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
You may even get more than that but once you put a ring on it. Expect that to change drastically.
Why, though? I understand that this is a stereotype/joke thing that is ongoing throughout the world of married men, but when I marry my fiance I don't see how marriage will change ANYTHING about our relationship, including our sex life? We already live together, share finances, own a house together, etc etc etc... how will being married change any aspect of our relationship and how will wearing an extra ring on your finger affect your sex drive? I just don't see it happening with my partner and I... but I'll let you know after January when we marry!

Also, I think maybe that stereotype comes from the fact that when people get married they are generally getting older, busier at work, having kids - which are all things which will legitimately affect sex. Not the marriage, but all of these things that come after. We aren't planning kids for a while so I think our sex life is safe....