Music Banter - View Single Post - Any Doctor Who fans out there?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #56 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
What do you mean by "I know Doctor Who?"

I'm mainly referring to the new generation Doctor Who series, however, I have seen some (but not all) of the classic series. I really don't think they can be judged side by side, can they?!

I'd always watched the show here and there, but wanted to start getting into it properly, so my whovian family members recommended I start with the tenth doctor, so David Tennant's series are the only ones I've watched consistently from beginning to end, despite being familiar with various parts of the old and new series already.
I didn't mean that you knew him personally I just meant that you were reasonably familiar with the series as a whole.

No the two series are quite different, the original was far more creative and diverse than the current series ever could be, whereas the newer series despite some good ideas, is largely aimed at getting maximum viewing figures on UK television.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote