Music Banter - View Single Post - Is music streaming "enough"?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Yes, this is a foolish question. Materialism isn't a gauge of liking things. Couldn't you say that you loved Salvador Dali's or Picasso's work without ever owning a piece? Can you say that you love Thai food if you don't know how to cook it yourself? Can you love a book if you rented it from a library?
I get where u are coming from but music is a far more easier commodity to share around than many other forms of art. How can you extol the virtues of a great book unless physically giving them a copy or asking them to download it and read it for themselves?

Great pieces of artwork can be talked about and enthused upon but you really cannot experience the intimacy unless u own it or walk through a gallery and view it and even then it is not yours. It is not personal, it is a shared experience whereas music can be shared and be far more intimate at times.

So to get back to the original thread, is streaming enough? To pass on information it is virtually essential but to feel an emotional connection to the art u appreciate I answer no.

I have a lot more views on this but will wait for a few more replies.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote