Music Banter - View Single Post - older music =/= better music
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
blackdragon123
don't be no bojangles

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman419 View Post
This is definately had something to do with the fact that there wasn't much to build on at the time and the genre was just dipping it's feet in the water. and yes i admit creating a genre takes an insurmountable amount of still and talent. However, in my opinion as the generations go by every genre get's built on more and more and is getting better and better. With every new generation of musicians we get new and even more creative ideas being used in music, .
Gonna have to take issue with these bold statements. You seem to contradict yourself somewhat. Claiming that in every new generation, the old genres get built upon and we get new and "even more creative" ideas being used...but surely it's more creative to CREATE a new genre like heavy metal or prog rock or punk...wandering into unknown territory and pioneering brand new sounds than building on old ones that have existed for decades? bringing little to the table in terms of CREATIVITY and being too afraid to wander off the beaten track?
When the copper fades away!'
- Jethro Tull
blackdragon123 is offline   Reply With Quote