Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 02:18 AM   #272 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I don't think Sopsych is a troll. He argues points that may be seen as provocative, but he seemingly does so from the point of view that doing so is reasonable. And so I assume that it is possible to influence his opinions by using reasonable arguments.
Of course you don't see his troll-ish behavior because he has been praising you the whole time.

If you pay attention to the people responding to him you'll understand why other people are calling him a troll. It's way past the point of just having an unpopular opinion.

Quote:
He never wrote that we should be trained like animals and so you're misinterpreting his post. I think your attitude in general shows a willingness to be offended. I believe you want to interpret his post in the worst way possible, consciously or perhaps unconsciously, because that gives you a right to act defensively, which again excuses rudeness and rash behaviour. And calling Sopsych a troll is a simple way of attacking his credibility.
He didn't say we should be trained like animals but he goes on to confirm later after Neo said that , that yes we basically should.

Quote:
A culture of trolling or near trolling perpetuates more of the same. By changing such a culture, you'd make the job easier for yourself in the future.
Finally, you said something I agree with.
Quote:
edit 2 :

Members should report more and so some increased focus on that forum function would be good. In the past, members have been asked to not report spam, which in turn may have discouraged reporting altogether, but reporting is an excellent way for moderators to get to know not only where the line is being crossed, but also what community members find offensive.
Yeah, I've been discouraged from reporting all together. I used to get made fun of by the mods for reporting but I think it was spam at the time. There were complaints about reports filling up something on their end idk what the reasoning is but after I heard that. I stopped reporting.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.