Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #284 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean you're expected to talk all about your life and not music? And you only feel accepted if you participate in various lounge topics?

I do mean to find out, because it's important how new members feel. And as new members, what you guys say should be listened to in this thread. Especially since your welcoming is such a big topic.
I don't feel expected to talk about my life, but the conversations about non-music stuff always feel more lively.

I've posted a bunch of reviews and tried to start discussion, and it's hard for me to tell if people are just not interested, I'm an uninspiring writer, or they are just more excited about the Lounge. All I know is I get little feedback. I'm not saying this because I'm starving for attention. I'm saying this because on the biggest, most popular music forum on the internet, one would think a review of an artist that's never been discussed would attract at least a few comments. I don't know. Like I said, this could be purely about my tastes and writing style. So it's not a big deal. I just wanted to sympathize a bit with Rostasi on that.

I've already posted about this sentiment in the thread (see pages 4-7), and I only posted again to reinforce Rostasi's point and respond to him, since everyone else passed his comment by.

Last edited by misspoptart; 08-12-2013 at 07:51 AM.