Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #288 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
I don't feel expected to talk about my life, but the conversations about non-music stuff always feel more lively.

I've posted a bunch of reviews and tried to start discussion, and it's hard for me to tell if people are just not interested, I'm an uninspiring writer, or they are just more excited about the Lounge. All I know is I get little feedback. I'm not saying this because I'm starving for attention. I'm saying this because on the biggest, most popular music forum on the internet, one would think a review of an artist that's never been discussed would attract at least a few comments. I don't know. Like I said, this could be purely about my tastes and writing style. So it's not a big deal. I just wanted to sympathize a bit with Rostasi on that.

I've already posted about this sentiment in the thread (see pages 4-7), and I only posted again to reinforce Rostasi's point and respond to him, since everyone else passed his comment by.
You need have no worries on that score; I can assure you you're an incredibly talented writer. Sometimes, most times in fact, people just don't comment. I'm guilty of it too, though if I see something I want to comment on I will. My journal has over 100,000 views --- the most on MB ever, and I say that as a pure fact not a boast --- and yet you could count the comments on the fingers of the hand of one Arcturian Mega-Plasmoid --- probably less than a hundred. Over a period of four years that's not much. But I know people appreciate my writing as I hear it elsewhere. You shouldn't lose heart: just because people aren't commenting doesn't mean they're not reading, though I know it's hard to get a sense of how your writing is being received without comments.

Your off-site blog is amazing, truly. You have real talent.