Music Banter - View Single Post - Any baseball fans?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #78 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I'd love to see Pitt go deep also. Mccutcheon has all the tools and Pitt certainly has the pieces in place. Small market baseball has to make a comeback, watching the same four teams play in the nlcs and alcs each year has become quite boring. Its always nice to see some new blood break through and create a stir in those markets. I'd love to see a Pitt/KC Series, but I was kind of hoping for Baltimore/Pitt a throwback to the 79 series. I used to love watching Stargell/Parker and Murray/Singleton.
as much as i love underdogs i still got a diff kinda love for the powerhouses because i think its more fun when theres a bully on top of the mountain and everyone else is trying to knock him down. so if the pirates do get to the world series i hope its aganst a traditionally successful team of the past 10-20 yrs.

mccutheon is not only just an all around incredible player but he signed a VERY friendly deal and actually WANTS to be here. alvarez is one of the best young power guys in the game and will probably move to 1B at some point. marte is going to be amazing and they have one of the best prospects in baseball int he minors waiting to come up and play RF next year. pirates got a few big time arms in the minors too. its just fun to see, i went to a tuesday game a few weeks ago when cole was pitching and half the stadium didnt get in until the 2nd inning cause the lines were so damn long.

my stepdad is a big orioles fan and ive went to many games at camden yards (beautiful btw) and watched a ton of tv games so i root for them to do well in the AL
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote