Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #13472 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It's probably been about six or seven years since the last time I watched it so I forget the exact details, but I seem to recall about a 50/50 mix of British and American accents in the movie for no apparent reason and references to American locations as the characters moved through a landscape that looked exactly like England.

Still, it's a great movie that creeps me the hell out.
Yeah it was shot in England with mostly U.K actors but (as per usual) studio interference meant that it was supposed to be an American movie, but it's still a great movie even though it's been years since I saw it.

Hellraiser 2 is in many ways better and has some gorgeous visuals but once again studio interference meant that Clive Barker had his named removed from being director and the film was finished by errr can't remember offhand!

Well this was just O.K. Certainly not a crock but the fight scenes have been seen a million times before and a little too much C.G.I for me.

Well that certainly hit the spot! Anyone who reads my film posts will know that I am not the biggest Tarantino fan and both Deathproof and Inglorious left me underwhelmed but this was superb. Great dialogue (as ever to be fair) matched with great visuals and superb action scenes. Samuel L Jackson is so damn good in this too. Secretly pleased that Tarantino still has something left in the locker.

Another pleasant surprise. I was expecting this to be a crock and although Harrison Ford's character arc was dubious I found this to be great fun and the aliens were pretty decent too.

U.K remake of Nicholas Winding Refn's first film benefit's from adhering to a low budget formula and although it doesn't capture the nihilism of the original it was a very good effort with a decent soundtrack by Orbital and some good performances and cinematography.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote