What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #13471 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Ambiguous location?
It's probably been about six or seven years since the last time I watched it so I forget the exact details, but I seem to recall about a 50/50 mix of British and American accents in the movie for no apparent reason and references to American locations as the characters moved through a landscape that looked exactly like England.

Still, it's a great movie that creeps me the hell out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #13472 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It's probably been about six or seven years since the last time I watched it so I forget the exact details, but I seem to recall about a 50/50 mix of British and American accents in the movie for no apparent reason and references to American locations as the characters moved through a landscape that looked exactly like England.

Still, it's a great movie that creeps me the hell out.
Yeah it was shot in England with mostly U.K actors but (as per usual) studio interference meant that it was supposed to be an American movie, but it's still a great movie even though it's been years since I saw it.

Hellraiser 2 is in many ways better and has some gorgeous visuals but once again studio interference meant that Clive Barker had his named removed from being director and the film was finished by errr can't remember offhand!


Well this was just O.K. Certainly not a crock but the fight scenes have been seen a million times before and a little too much C.G.I for me.

Well that certainly hit the spot! Anyone who reads my film posts will know that I am not the biggest Tarantino fan and both Deathproof and Inglorious left me underwhelmed but this was superb. Great dialogue (as ever to be fair) matched with great visuals and superb action scenes. Samuel L Jackson is so damn good in this too. Secretly pleased that Tarantino still has something left in the locker.

Another pleasant surprise. I was expecting this to be a crock and although Harrison Ford's character arc was dubious I found this to be great fun and the aliens were pretty decent too.

U.K remake of Nicholas Winding Refn's first film benefit's from adhering to a low budget formula and although it doesn't capture the nihilism of the original it was a very good effort with a decent soundtrack by Orbital and some good performances and cinematography.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #13473 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
Default

Yela cheppanu movie.
kushy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #13474 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,839
Default



One of those films that seemed to be trying to be a bit too smart for its own good, but there were some really great moments in here and it was entertaining overall. It definitely was intelligent in its own right, just not as intelligent as I think the people who made it thought it was.

6.5/10



Excellent. I thought this was absolutely hilarious and Farrell was excellent in this (as were all three main leads). Maybe a bit too over the top in its dialogue at times, but that's a small complaint. Just a joy to watch, and has a lot of what I look for in a dark comedy.

8/10



I didn't expect this to be good but there were enough comedic actors in here I liked to not at least check it out. There was nothing redeeming about this movie and it may legitimately be the worst film I've ever seen. It wasn't even in the "so bad it's good" category.

0/10
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #13475 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,299
Default

You now need to watch The Guard which is from the same guys that did Seven Psychopaths and In Bruges and it is a brilliant film. Far better than In Bruges which I liked and although I haven't seen Seven Psychopaths most reviews and friends opinions say it's not as good as In Bruges so The Guard should tick all the boxes.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #13476 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,580
Default

Fat Kid Rules The World



I got this movie because it looked quirky and seemed like it'd be a good watch for a lazy night in bed. However, it turned out to be a pretty damn well written movie about some important issues regarding high school life, making friends, etc. I was also happy to see that it was based in Seattle, WA so some of the landmarks and streets that were shown in the movie were places that I have been before. Haven't been able to say that about very many movies. I highly recommend it because although it is very funny and quirky, it has it's strong moments emotionally and the acting throughout is fantastic.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #13477 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Fat Kid Rules The World



I got this movie because it looked quirky and seemed like it'd be a good watch for a lazy night in bed. However, it turned out to be a pretty damn well written movie about some important issues regarding high school life, making friends, etc. I was also happy to see that it was based in Seattle, WA so some of the landmarks and streets that were shown in the movie were places that I have been before. Haven't been able to say that about very many movies. I highly recommend it because although it is very funny and quirky, it has it's strong moments emotionally and the acting throughout is fantastic.
And it was directed by Matthew Lilliard. F*ckin Shaggy directed a movie.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #13478 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post
And it was directed by Matthew Lilliard. F*ckin Shaggy directed a movie.
Did you find the movie to be bombastic?

Wait... wrong Shaggy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #13479 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Did you find the movie to be bombastic?

Wait... wrong Shaggy.
It wasn't me.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #13480 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post
It wasn't me.
You didn't sing "Bombastic"?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.