Music Banter - View Single Post - *** The Themed Weekly Member Mixtape Thread Is Back ***
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 02:14 AM   #86 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Just listened to this mix! And another great selection from all who participated This time I won't comment on every track, because it takes a long time and I'm sure not everyone reads these responses anyway, but here are some that stuck out for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
11. wolverinewolfweiselpigeon: Nouvelle Vague - No One Knows
Before I even looked at Rez's tracklist, when I started playing this mix, I KNEW this song would have been submitted by you, WWWP! What a cool cover, very chill. It reminds me of Triple J's Like a Version. You should check out these series of mixes, it's basically cool indie artists covering famous songs but in very different/interesting ways! Here are a few that you might enjoy, wolvey, if you ever want to check out the Like a Version mixes:

Spoiler for For WWWP:

Quote:
12. rostasi: Stara Rzeka - Przebudzenie Boga Wschodu.
Loved the acoustic guitar work in this track. Very nice. I drifted off towards the end though, I think I preferred the first half of the song which I thought was quite beautiful

Quote:
13. Powerstars: Killers - Jenny Was a Friend of Mine.
Have heard this track before and am a fan of the killers, especially this one! Good choice.

Quote:
18. Vanilla: Flume - Insane
Not the kind of music I would usually listen to, but I enjoyed this Jess!

Quote:
20. Arya Stark: Father John Misty - Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings
This song is played ALL the time on a local radio station that I listen to over here! I couldn't believe it when I clicked play, Arya! I used to not really think much of it, but it's kinda growing on me. Good choice for the mix

Quote:
22. Plankton: Rush - Time Stand Still
My housemates love Rush, this was a good song choice of theirs! I've never really heavily gotten into them, but I need to!