Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #378 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Tore, sopsych himself pointed out in one of his first posts in this thread, that he is not, nor does he consider himself, a newcomer. Stop representing him as if he's new. Everyone apart from you, INCLUDING HIM, has already accepted and/or pointed out the opposite.

Secondly, everyone pointed out to you already in many, many different ways that he has a history of doing this, an attitude problem when he does it, an ego the size of a small planet, etc etc. All of which are VALID reasons to be pissed off with him.

You are massively, hugely oversimplifying this argument in order to make this into everyone ganging up on some innocent child who doesn't know better that nobody knows, and you are getting to the point of being genuinely frustrating because you are dealing with some impractical, vicious circle of endless philosophizing and NO actual action being taken.

Were I a mod at this point Tore, I would be telling you to take your discussion to another thread, so that we can sit the **** down after god knows how many pages of pointless back and forth, and actually analyse a practical, practicable suggestion and its IMMEDIATE feasibility or potential dangers.

What you are doing cannot fit into the remit of "Immediate candidate for implementation or action", and for that reason it is utterly, completely irrelevant to the entire concept of a thread wherein we try and solve an immediate issue. YES, your position might make some sense on a practical level IN THE FAR FLUNG FUTURE, but for right now, you're creating no less a derail than sopsych was.

You have accepted already that sopsych for the foreseeable future cannot contribute without engendering animosity. There is precisely zero reason for you to continue defending him if you have any intention or hope of bringing a practical solution to any problem the forum currently faces in any respect. Not only that, you call for an analysis of what may ENGENDER animosity or poor feeling towards other members on this forum. Defending sopsych is not that analysis. It just isn't.

How about instead of telling us all how wrong we are to do anything that anyone has done for the past 20 pages, you stop being his defense attorney, and start being a forumgoer who wants to tell us EXACTLY, and IMMEDIATELY, what the ****ing problem is, and SUGGEST. SOMETHING. TO FIX IT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!