Music Banter - View Single Post - We've got a major problem...
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #382 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

GB, calm down dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre
What you are doing cannot fit into the remit of "Immediate candidate for implementation or action", and for that reason it is utterly, completely irrelevant to the entire concept of a thread wherein we try and solve an immediate issue. YES, your position might make some sense on a practical level IN THE FAR FLUNG FUTURE, but for right now, you're creating no less a derail than sopsych was.
Yes, it can. To prevent situations like this from arising in the future, I suggested that moderators give warnings not to let things escalate. I suggest that they do not openly take any side or call anyone a troll because it will only fuel the conflict. Doing so may be okay when it is a clear cut case, but this has too much greys in it.

A moderator calling someone a troll and not acting on it undermines that moderators authority. When a mod calls someone a troll, I think it should be a near undeniable fact that the person is, in fact, a troll and that appropriate and just moderation is about to happen.

I also suggested that people should be more aware of how their actions here may either escalate or soften a conflict. Like others here have said, be the change. Take the high road now and then. Help make MB friendlier. Is this irrelevant and derailing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre
You have accepted already that sopsych for the foreseeable future cannot contribute without engendering animosity. There is precisely zero reason for you to continue defending him if you have any intention or hope of bringing a practical solution to any problem the forum currently faces in any respect. Not only that, you call for an analysis of what may ENGENDER animosity or poor feeling towards other members on this forum. Defending sopsych is not that analysis. It just isn't.

How about instead of telling us all how wrong we are to do anything that anyone has done for the past 20 pages, you stop being his defense attorney, and start being a forumgoer who wants to tell us EXACTLY, and IMMEDIATELY, what the ****ing problem is, and SUGGEST. SOMETHING. TO FIX IT.
Sopsych this and Sopsych that. Can we leave the guy out of it from now on? My arguments don't really need Sopsych. His situation can be used to illustrate a point, but as I've pointed out to you a number of times, it's about principles and what members and mods can do. I can use other non-Sopsych drama examples in the future to illustrate the exact same points.