Music Banter - View Single Post - VMAs 2013
Thread: VMAs 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #68 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
The sad part is that she's trying to twerk.

I only saw the Miley performance but here are the things that bothered me:

- Cultural Appropriation
- Making black girls follow her around w/ teddy bears while she does a dance they can do better
- Singing with Robin Thicke when everyone on that record should have been doing it with him
- Her voice didn't sound as good as it does in other performances
- The backlash and slutshaming that everyone all over the place is giving her for no reason
I was with you up until the slutshaming bit. Do you honestly not see why people would do that? I'm against slut shaming in general but come on now. It's pretty plain to see why they would do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Why don't the VMAS have rock acts anymore? And how the **** does One Direction beat out Blurred Lines and Get Lucky for best song? What a crock of **** the VMAS has turned into.
Rock acts have kind of died off in the sense that they aren't making it into the Top 40 anymore. There just isn't a high enough demand for rock acts so that's why they pass on them. As far as One Direction beating other those other two songs. It is because they were viewer voted and One Direction has some fans called directioners or some stupid **** like that and they flooded the voting sites and texting lines to make sure that they won best song. It's all about who has the craziest most dedicated fans. Same thing happened with Twilight during the MTV Movie Awards.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote