Music Banter - View Single Post - Syria
Thread: Syria
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
What happens when we do nothing and another faction decides that they are going to use chemical weapons too. Then another, then another. That stuff gets into the oceans, into the wind and innocent countries can suffer the consequences.

Nearly every nation has signed and ratified the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on their Destruction in the Hague. Two have signed but not ratified--Myanmar and Israel. Here are the rest that haven't done either: North Korea, Angola, South Sudan, Egypt and Syria. Those five just happen to be the most volatile places on earth. And I'm sure if we sit back and do nothing there's no chance this will escalate--naaaaaw, couldn't happen.

It's a perfectly horrible idea. But even that is better than no idea. We have to show these nations who are willing to use chemical weapons that we will f-uck them up and drag ourselves into another hopeless war if that's what they really want.

But, again, I want to make clear that this is based on the use of chemical weapons being proved beyond a doubt. We're idiots if we allow ourselves to get sucked into another WMD bulls-hit wild goose chase. If it's just a bombs and bullets war then f-uck it. I want nothing to do with it.
I'd just like to point out that they already had chemical weapons and they already had ties to terrorists. If they were going to give them to said terrorists then I'm sure they would have done so already. How they use them in their own country is not my business. If we can trace chemical weapons used in an international attack back to Syrian involvement then we can talk about that, but as it stands now I don't think it's worth it.

Quote:
Everything from our end of it. The world is still sore about us invading Iraq over non-existent WMD. We cannot go into Syria using the same rationale unless it is proven to the world beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Bush's war cost us $120 BILLION dollars a day, killed over 100,000 innocent people, allowed thieves called "contractors" to steal billions from the US Treasury that will never be recovered, destroyed the lives of countless soldiers, lost us any hope of winning in Afghanistan, allowed Iran to rise up unchecked, precipitated the financial meltdown that tanked our economy--and you're worried about what happening?
I have no idea what point you're making. Is that supposed to be an argument FOR going into Syria? If not, then I'm on board. I want no part of another cluster ****.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote