Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #172 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Ugh, I knew this would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
The rub being that 99% of the time it's the man asking the woman out, so it's still BS.
I think a lot of men don't like women to court them because they might feel emasculated in some way. This is something that society has engrained into them and I wish it would go away. So:

a) A woman who'd like to ask a man out probably won't, because he might get scared off by her aggressiveness even if he's interested. So yes, there are probably more women than you would think who want to initiate a date or a relationship, but most of them won't act on it because women are not wired to be the dominant "chaser", if you will.

b) Men are biologically wired to take care of their mate and provide for them. So when the opposite happens they don't know what the fuck to do, and they back off.

I can't say that this is totally accurate, but it's just based off stories from people I know, things I've read about dating on the Internet and in books, and my own experiences with trying to ask people on dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
lol aka men pay for dates

first date ok

after that lets alternate or split the bill
And this is generally what happens as a relationship progresses, which is fine and normal. You can't have one person paying for everything.

I should have just kept my mouth shut like a good woman and retreated back into the kitchen.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote