Music Banter - View Single Post - Leaking v. Heroism
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 06:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
What worries me about the NSA-leakers thing is not the spying programs themselves which are overblown by internet bloggers but it demonstrates that we are turning into a conspiracy-based society. Virtually everything we learned from the leakers we should have already known. It was truly old news. But people are acting like this is some explosive new info. Why is that? Well, it appears to me that the nature of the way of the info came out is what interests them, not the info itself. A news reporter or network uncovering the US's spying operation some 7 years ago didn't interest people because it wasn't leaked by a govt worker. Somehow it being leaked makes ALL the difference. Ah ha! PROOF! We caught 'em with the pants down! Unless news is released like a conspiracy has been uncovered, people don't care. Our lunatic fringe isn't a fringe anymore. We think in terms of conspiracies now.

i think its good to question things though i dont think that your main beef you have here. actually really interesting points by you that i agree with. instead of focusing on our conspiracy driven society i focus more on the way news and information is relayed to us (us being normal citizens). its a topic unto itself but the medias love and affection for conflict and sensationalism is out of this world. remember, there are like a handful of companies controlling the media in this country. manning and snowden wouldnt have been a huge deal had the media not covered it the way they did either. but the way that it came out was important. why?? because i think ppl wanna watch tv and have a sense of escapism and tv becomes entertainment to them that starts to blend with real life news and events. its juicier when its scandalous and even jucier when the maor networks are tellin you how scandalous it is over and over

Well, there ARE questions to be asked there, I think. Isn't it odd, for example, that two people up to their eyeballs in the JFK thing were also intimately involved in the UFO craze in the late 40s? Fred Crisman was believed by Jim Garrison to be one of the three hobos. While it's not likely that he was, it was interesting that his name came up. Why? Well, if you look up the Maury Island UFO story from '47, he was the supervisor of the guy on the salvager who saw the UFOs--and Crisman was military pilot in the OSS/CIA!! Look it up. Then there was the deputy director of the CIA, General Charles Cabell, who was fired by Kennedy after the Bay of Pigs fiasco, was also the guy who released the memos to military pilots authorizing the use of deadly force against UFOs back in '47 or '48! Weird that these two guys would be connected by two entirely different events some 20 years apart, isn't it? Then remember that Cabell's brother, Earle, was mayor of Dallas at the time JFK was killed. Strange, eh? Could all be coincidence but is it?

dude this is a whole other topic i could go on for days about but i am convinced the jfk assasination was a government ploy to frame oswald. lol i know its ironic given what ive said and what ive said i agreed with you on but thats the truth. ive done a lot of research on the topic over many years and i just personally dont believe the government in this case.

Buddy, if you only knew how easy it is. Let me give a scenario that's so easy, it's amazing it hasn't already happened: You can order anthrax from laboratories or go to Mexico and collect it yourself from cattle. You can bring it back to the US and set up an anthrax factory in your apartment. You can order the equipment off the internet, no questions asked. You can make an anthrax slurry, fill a super-soaker with it and cruise around areas with truck stops and what not looking for pigs, chickens, cows on their way to market. Pull up next to it and just start wetting them down with your slurry and then take off and find another. These animals are sold in huge sale barns and will come in contact with thousands of other animals spreading the disease. By the time they show symptoms, a lot of these animals will have already been sold and butchered and that meat on the shelves in stores. Thousands, hundreds of thousands of people could be infected before anyone figured it out.

twisted and impressive if u thought of that scenario by yourself. i am shocked something similar in terms of proportion hasnt happened yet. some guy just catching bad breaks for years from the government or whatever his situation, goin nuts and doin somethin drastic. i mean i guess it has happened but in small pockets. i just see our society goin down a self destructive path though and at some point theres goin to be an intersection where oppression metts downtrodden ppl, meets willingness for collateral damage, meets resources needed for somethin crazy. revolutions and uprisings usually always come from violence. but like i said, the same ppl who will say 'somethin needs to be done' will be the ppl vilifying whoever does it while sittin on their sofas watchin tv.

I only wish you didn't what you were talking about. It's probably going to happen.

I think America is hurtling towards another civil war. The Reds against the Blues. The hatreds are out of hand.

i responded in bold
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote