Music Banter - View Single Post - Leaking v. Heroism
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lord Larehip
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i do think youre wrong about the obama stuff though. tons and tons of white liberals out there and i dont think anyone has guns because of obama.
Where have you been for the last six years? Gun sales under Obama are out of this world.

Gun Sales Soar During Obama’s First Term: ‘He Is the Best Thing That Ever Happened to the Firearm Industry’ | TheBlaze.com

Gun Sales at Record High: Sales Soar Over Fear of the Black President

Gun Purchases Under Obama's Presidency Four Times The Number Of Babies Born

Number Of Gun Dealers Increased By 3000 Under Obama | ThinkProgress

Obama's re-election drives gun sales - Nov. 9, 2012

Anti-Gun Debate May Be Best Thing For Firearm Industry Since Obama's Election - Forbes

After the Obama Surge: A New Rush on Gun Stores - Corporate Intelligence - WSJ

Barack Obama, Gun Salesman of the Year - Bloomberg

Gun industry thrives under Obama administration despite warnings - NY Daily News

Still not convinced?

-There are ~14,869 more gun stores in America than grocery stores. Specifically, there are 51,438 gun retailers and 36,536 grocery stores.
There are almost as many gun dealers in America as gas stations. There are a total of 129,817 gun dealers in the country, which include retail stores (51,438), "collectors" (61,562), pawn shops (7,356), and importers and manufacturers. Meanwhile, there are 143,849 gas stations.
-There are more than twice as many gun stores in America as McDonalds restaurants. There are only 14,098 McDonalds.
-American gun companies made 5.5 million new guns in 2010 and 95% of them were sold to Americans.
-These ~5 million guns weren't nearly enough to satisfy American demand for guns in 2010, so an additional 3.3 million guns were imported.
-There were 16.5 million background checks for gun purchases in 2010. You can get a gun unless you have a criminal record or are evidently insane.

Read more: More Gun Stores In America Than Grocery Stores - Business Insider

Quote:
theres solid reasons to have guns.
Never said otherwise. My question is, how many do you need? I know guys with 20 guns in their houses. Now what are you going to do with 20 guns that you can't do with 2?

My father had two. An old bolt action rifle and a carbine. That was it. He got rid of them when he caught me and my kid brother playing with the live ammo. He never owned a handgun but I could bend on that. I could see having one--not 10.

And assault rifles--forget it. No reason to have one--none. Unless you're taking out an advancing army these are pointlessly dangerous weapons have in your house. If you can't hunt or defend your home except with an assault rifle, you are the very person who should not be allowed to own firearms. Yet I know a guy who now wants an AR-15 because he thinks they're cool since the Sandy Hook thing. Admits he doesn't need one, just wants one.

And the funniest thing for me is that the NRA apparently has a huge database of gun-owners. The people most vocal about defending ourselves from the intrusive govt has a record on you if you own a gun.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote