Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #1706 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
What does your team look like?

I actually consider FF the simplest fantasy league out there, and because of that, it's also the best sport to have a fantasy team in. You only have to worry about setting your lineup once a week usually and combining everyone's points into a standard score makes it a lot easier. In fantasy sports like basketball you have to gauge how many rebounds, steals, etc. your team will get on a week-to-week basis.
I can only compare it to the Premier League one, and the NFL is more complex. I don't necessarily mean confusing, just complex. Once I did a mock draft and learned what a waiver was, I was pretty much good to go. But the PL one is simple - you have a total value for the squad from which to pick 11 starters and 3 subs, you only one get free transfer a week, theres no restrictions on different managers selecting the same players, and the league table is based on total points. So the NFL one was a little surprising to me, a 12 team league, a draft, a head-to-head each week. It wasn't really what I was expecting.

Also the PL FF is just a bit of fun amongst friends. It's very rarely mentioned on TV coverage etc, whereas the NFL FF has a life of its own. It's huge.

Anyway my team is:

Tom Brady / CJ Spiller / Ahmad Bradshaw / Julio Jones / Jordy Nelson / Kellen Winslow / Julian Edelman / Andy Dalton / Nate Washington / Jason Snelling / Isiah Pead / James Jones / Heath Miller / David Akers / Chicago Bears

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote