Music Banter - View Single Post - Music's dead.
Thread: Music's dead.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 09:26 AM   #85 (permalink)
crimepartner
perfect hugging size

Quote:
Originally Posted by franscar
MTV is a pop channel playing pop records. They are interested in profits, and in bands that will make them money. These are only rarely the bands that are actually making music that is new, inventive, fresh and exciting. Was MTV interested in the White Stripes first two albums? Not at all. Are they interested in them now? Yes. Hugely. Because they make money now.

MTV isn't going to take risks and attempt to showcase things that might or might not become popular as a result, they're only interested in what's already popular.

MTV looks for the lowest common denominator, and always will. I'm sure it was the same in the 60's and 70's as well. The cream always rises to the top, and in thirty years people will probably look back wistfully on the 00's and sigh to themselves saying how wonderful the music was back then.
everything on mtv is considered pop? why do they have terrible those r and r promos?

look at korn for example... they were big when they were moderately in mtv, but when they started playing follow the leader material everyday, they got even bigger. I dont get your answer, but led zep Has a good point....

Squeeze me ma-ac-a-ro-ni... slap your face with my balo-ni....
crimepartner is offline   Reply With Quote