Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #311 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

less dangerous doesnt mean lazy i agree. my main point was that women shouldnt complain abotu wage gaps if they are workin easier and less risky jobs, thats exactly what i said in my initial response to chameleons video

and by lazy im referring to societys attitudes to women havin what i consider easy jobs. kindergarten teachers, housewives, babysitters, etc. theres not the same stigma for women havin those jobs as men. i know its a movie but look at those meet the parents movies with ben stiller where he is a nurse and robert deniro is bustin his balls about it. sure its a fictional movie but theres definitely a stigma for men workin in traditionally female jobs. i think if anyone met a couple and the man said 'yeah i stay at home' when asked about work, ppl would be really quick to call him lazy. cause unless he is very well-off financially, that is pretty lazy.

tl;dr its more widely acceptable for a woman to be a housewife or babysitter which enables some women to be lazy.

trollheart honestly thats kinda rude of you to assume (iguess?) i dont appreciate my mother or whatever. of course i do i love my mom and shes awesome. a lot of times maybe bein a housewife is needed because daycare would be too pricey for multiple kids or other reasons. but i dont doubt there are more cases of wives with husbands who make good money stayin at home than the other way around. thats cause they dont have to work, they choose to be lazy. and you know we can ust disagree on a housewife bein a hard job or whatever, i think you are really over dramatizin. surely its work, but cmon you can be in your pajamas all day and sit around and relax wheneve ryou want, flip on the tv, eat a snack whenever, etc. its just not on par for a "regular' job to me. i cant put them on the same level

as for smeem, he cant see what i write anyway but i see what youre doin. postin pics of women who have served or died in typically men professions. i knw youre tryin to twist my words or thoughts into a false reality where ive said no women have worked in the military or police force, but just lettin you know i see thru it. not all women are lazy by any means
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote