Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #313 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Jesus H Christ! I just read your full post! Are you on something? A housewife can laze about all day? What sort of way would the house run if that were the case? And anyway havent I already pointed out that a housewife is a job that is TWENTY-FOUR-SEVEN??! Did your mother ever say to you when you, for instance, asked for a sandwich or where your shoes were or when dinner would be ready : "Sorry, the office is closed. Please call during working hours?" Come on! Even if you had a sick tummy or whatever at 4 am, did she not get up and sort you? If you needed to get up early (when you were younger I mean) did she not make sure you did, thereby having to rise early herself?

No, we can't agree to disagree on this one. It's not a case of opinions. You may as well say being a cop is not hard in your view. Being a housewife IS hard. You may not appreciate it but it damn well is, and you saying it isn't and using stupid examples from TV shows or whatever is not going to change that. You continuing to push the idea is doing more harm to your mother's reputation than I ever could, intended, or would.

Please just grow up and realise this is not an opinion this is a fact: the life of a housewife is hard, thankless, badly-paid and never, ever ending.