Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #320 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

If that's the case he should specify and say he's only talking about that small section of society. He doesn't. You might as well say "some cops are corrupt equals all cops are corrupt." If you don't single out the section you're talking about, and have a problem with, then you obviously invite the belief you're talking about the whole of housewifedom, or whatever.

I'll concede that there are "trophy wives" like the real housewives etc who do little but look after themselves and while away their time and money, but the vast majority of housewives are hardworking, underappreciated women and to put them down on the basis that "some" are the type you say is dishonest and unclear. As I say, if he's talking about THOSE sort of housewives let him make himself clear. I don't think he is: I think he's intimating that anyone who stays at home all day is lazy, never mind the fact that she (or he) may work their back off while the other half is at the office, on the rig, in the air, behind the wheel, whatever. Just because you don't work in an office and have a recognised job does not make you lazy and it's certainly no easy job being a, let's say, proper housewife.

So let 216 stand up and say if this is what he means, otherwise all my comments stand and I have a serious problem with him putting down the great work done by housewives and mothers all over this fair planet of ours.