Music Banter - View Single Post - No punk today
Thread: No punk today
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #180 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post

Once again, I've met a lot of black punks. And I've met a lot of black punk musicians. True, it's predominantly white but there are or at least were a significant number of black punks. Frankly, I saw them everywhere I went and corresponded with one who lived in California because I was contributing to a zine he was running. If we are to believe him, he took more flak from other blacks for being punk than he did from whites. Really, whites didn't care because blacks at the punk venues was not at all uncommon. I saw black guys and girls at punk clubs in every city I visited.
Lol you can not seriously be arguing this. If you have been to a third the shows you say you have then you would realize the punk and especially metal crowd are VERY low in black population.

Hell last time I went to Ozzfest with my 2 black friends they were playing find a black guy game because they seemed like the only 2 out of 10000 people. No one is saying none exist but come on dude metal is predominantly white males.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote