Music Banter - View Single Post - Member's Journal, mods won't help.
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

(Trollheart lets the maintenance guys in to widen all the doors in his house to accomodate his swelled head)

Thanks guys. That really means a lot. Thank you for your support. Not sure if it'll mean anything, which kind of confuses me. I'm offering to take a burden off the "real" mods here, and yet nobody seems to be considering it, other than my darling Vanilla Don't get it: is it that hard a thing to do? As 216 says, has anyone any objections to it? Do they fear I'll do a Wikileaks, expose all their dirty laundry to the public then leg it to Russia? Oops! I've said too much...

Seriously though. Ki, the point is that they don't NOT approve the posts. I always thought it was a case of them sitting down, reading or skimming through the entries to decide if there was anything there that shouldn't be, which is why some of my more "colourful" posts, when they were delayed, raised concerns within myself that they might not be passed, and why I accepted sometimes large delays particularly if I had submitted a long or complicated entry. But from what we've been told, that's not how it's done. It seems to be just a check list, hit the button and go.

Now with the greatest of respect to our mods, how hard can that be? Seems to me it's almost like checking your mail or a list of downloading files, or whatever, something you could do quite quickly, not something you need time to set aside to concentrate on. So at the extreme end of the scale, yes, they could refuse to approve anything but what would be the point of that? There'd be no journals. And let's be honest, at the moment, that's part of the job they've accepted, so there would be no reason for such refusal. With respect, Ki, that's like saying well we should appreciate a band playing for free even if they play crap, as we didn't have to pay to see them. It's not the case: if you've committed to do something, then you should do it, and there should not be any real sense of "be happy we're doing this cos we don't have to". Note: this is NOT directed at the mods, as I know nobody has said this. It's purely in answer to Ki's somewhat weak in my opinion "defence" of the delays, something I do not in any way agree with.

I'd still like to hear from anyone who has a real problem with this proposal. It seems to me like it could solve this issue once and for all.

Vote for Trollheart! Vote early, vote often! Vote for REAL change! Vote to shut me up and get me off your backs!