Music Banter - View Single Post - Are white rappers taking over Hip Hop?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #51 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
@Realtalk

i don't think you can blame the record companies for how these rap artist choose to express themselves..

you telling me 'Bitches, hoes, bling' was invented by the white man?

No this black exploitation started from within the black community they are the ones who keep glorifying that thug lifestyle..

And ofc if there is a buck to made in that the white man is gonna jump at it and make it a product.. that's expected but the creative control always start by what the artists is saying and they build a brand around that.

i don't think you can absolve black ppl from how their current culture behaves or promotes

Yes because that is not Hip hop.

Hip hop was created in the ghettos and in the slums. It was created through hardships black youth/minorities endure and they used that as an outlet. It reflected a culture and lifestyle. "Bling Bling" "Money" "Rims" has nothing to do with that. That was something the establishment made to exploit black people in the worse way which is why this issue is not only about greed but it is also about racism as well. Yea I will admit that we are responsible for kissing the man's ass but we most certainly did not create this false hip hop that they push on the radio.

Hip Hop is more than just a genre and when people understand that this whole discussion will get put in perspective. Rap music did not just suddenly change into gutter garbage because "rappers" invented that. The industry did that because hip hop was viewed as a "threat" because of what the real MC's was expressing in the music The "truth" is always threatening. Now it more controlled where they control what is being said and what is being said is not hip hop. People really need to open their mind and think deeply about these issues and not so surface. Its always interesting to see people of the different persuasion blaming black people for their own depictions but I guess it is easier for them to do that since they are not the ones being falsely represented.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote