Music Banter - View Single Post - Are white rappers taking over Hip Hop?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #52 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
Yes because that is not Hip hop.

Hip hop was created in the ghettos and in the slums. It was created through hardships black youth/minorities endure and they used that as an outlet. It reflected a culture and lifestyle. "Bling Bling" "Money" "Rims" has nothing to do with that. That was something the establishment made to exploit black people in the worse way which is why this issue is not only about greed but it is also about racism as well. Yea I will admit that we are responsible for kissing the man's ass but we most certainly did not create this false hip hop that they push on the radio.

Bling bling, money and rims reflects their current lifestyle and it's better to rap about what they know than to pretend they are some social activists trying to look out for the good of the community. People wouldn't buy that ****. well maybe you would but it would come across as fake as the whole persona that rappers make up about being thugs and dealing drugs when they aren't about that life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
Hip Hop is more than just a genre and when people understand that this whole discussion will get put in perspective. Rap music did not just suddenly change into gutter garbage because "rappers" invented that. The industry did that because hip hop was viewed as a "threat" because of what the real MC's was expressing in the music The "truth" is always threatening. Now it more controlled where they control what is being said and what is being said is not hip hop. People really need to open their mind and think deeply about these issues and not so surface. Its always interesting to see people of the different persuasion blaming black people for their own depictions but I guess it is easier for them to do that since they are not the ones being falsely represented.
Social commentary still exists in hip hop it's just more underground now and there are only a select few mainstream artists that still make social commentary.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.

Last edited by djchameleon; 11-05-2013 at 03:13 PM.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote