Music Banter - View Single Post - James Brown
Thread: James Brown
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #60 (permalink)
Werda
Groupie

I saw Mr Brown at the Good Vibrations Festival in Sydney in 2006. It was my first festival where I experimented with all sorts of candy... and to think that he was headlining... made it a very special experience. He of course died about 9 months later.... but when I saw him you wouldnt have noticed it. He performed all the James Brown signature moves including swing the micophone stand down toward the crown then flipping it back up towards his mouth using the cord, announcing loudly he 'can't go on, I can't go on' and getting his MC to come up with the green blanket, putting it over his shoulders and walking him towards the side of the stage before springing out of his cradle and back into 'Get Up Off That Thing'.... getting tingles just typing and recounting it... what a great show.. and showman...

I'm still deciding if that YouTube video of him... in that late 80s interview after he allegedly hurt his wife??... is a very bad embarrassing thing to show to generations yet to be born, or the most wonderful great thing - you tell me.

But dammnet, what a champion.
Werda is offline   Reply With Quote