Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #1747 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Anyways, I don't really care that much about this issue but it's interesting.

I think Incognito thought that he was being friendly, but didn't get that when Martin was telling him to shut the **** up, he really wanted him to shut the **** up and back off. I know guys like that, they're psychopaths who don't understand the difference between right and wrong and usually have no regard for the personal space of others. He was probably intruding, and Martin felt suffocated and eventually just snapped.

If Martin was soft, he wouldn't have been going back and forth with him for this long, but almost everyone has a limit. Some of the most chilled out dudes I know have limits, you pester them with BS for so long they're going to flip their ****. Calling him soft because he reacted to repeated teasing, which Incognito's teammates say he's prone to doing, is absolutely ridiculous.

He should definitely have told him to knock the **** off, but that usually doesn't work for someone like a Richie Incognito. If he couldn't take the hint and **** off, what makes me think he would respond positively to reason? Who's to say he didn't reason with him, and he continued to **** with him? You don't know all of the facts yet. Believe me, I've thought about the context plenty, this is my own opinion, not ESPN's, not NFL.com's. I've thought about maybe Martin was just taking it too seriously, but that ignores a lot of the other facts. I don't think one incident of a friend jokingly threatening to kill you causes a mental breakdown, and I'd be willing to bet if you sat and thought about it for a few minutes, you'd come to the same conclusion.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote