Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #1752 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
manipulatin feelin and personality is part of coachin. their job is to get the best out of their players. do you really think philbin just wanted to fukc with martin? of course not, he was tryin to get him to work out at voluntary team workouts and get in gear so he could be the best he could be.
Does intent really matter in this situation? I don't care what his intent was, Martin was treated like ****, and Phillbin not only looked the other way, he orchestrated the whole thing. He TOLD Incognito to get him out of his shell, this is documented by players who are now taking Richie's side.

Quote:
incognito and martin were friends. martins texts show that. other dolphins have said that. the quarterback said that richie was martins best friend on the team. like incognito said, thats how they communicate and talk with each other. its locker room talk and it stays in the locker room. thousands upon thousands of players have been in those locker room conversations. its not a place for someone easily offended.
What do the texts show? Does Martin say "Hey Richie, I just wanted to tell you you're my best friend!!"? D'aaawww, that's sweet, but no they don't.

I don't think you understand it one bit. It's not a case of someone being "offended", it's a case of someone feeling like they were treated like they were less than human. If that's all it was, him taking offense to what Incognito was saying, then why is he suffering mentally? You still can't answer that.

Quote:
from what im gatherin its not even so much about rookie hazin per se, more just like the treatment in general. but these are grown men with grown men problems. if ya got a problem, say somethin about it instead of freakin out. maybe martin didnt know how to handle it. he comes from a background that other nfl players probably see as soft and im sure his stanford locker room was a little different than miamis. i dont think we know if he went to incognito but i didnt hear that he did. i also dont think he filed charges or against who he would be filing them against anyways. its a problem martin has, unfortunately incognito is an easy scapegoat due to his history of bein a douche. i just think the whole thing should been kept in-house
It obviously isn't Martin's problem if Incognito's a psychopath, is it? These are real people with personalities, and to call one of them soft because he was harassed on a daily basis and felt uncomfortable taking a stand is absolutely ridiculous. It's all a bunch of macho jock bull**** to be honest.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote