Music Banter - View Single Post - The many benefits of a child-free life
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #71 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I nominate this thread for stupid thread of the millennium, and even if a stupider one spawns out of someones stupidity, this one still must remain as a stupid runner up.

Having Kids = Whatever the **** you think you want to do with your selfish little life is up to you, but the simple fact remains that without reproduction the human race would no longer exist. So go ahead. Enjoy your meaningless existence.

Yeah, I'm still drunk from Tuesday.
I nominate this post as ignorant post of the millennium, and if an even more ignorant one spawns out of someone's disgracefully programmed male privilege, this one still must remain as an ignorant runner up.

This is a prime example of the idiocy I deal with by hateful, bitter people who have already ruined their lives in some way and wish the same on me. Not everyone on this planet right now needs to have children. There's already plenty of them waiting in abusive situations, adoption centers, and amish communities where people have 13 of them for whatever reason. There are so many people on the face of this planet that if even a fraction of them decided to reproduce, there would still be people.

I'm pretty sure the child-free aren't going to destroy humanity. If you honestly think that would ever happen, you have an entirely skewed vision of human behavior (and science).

Lastly, my existence is certainly not meaningless. It would be meaningless if I decided to live a life of servitude to a child I never wanted, and that's the truth. I enjoy my life. I plan to continue enjoying my life without children. Why that is so offensive to you (or anyone) could possibly be explained by pronatalist views forced on you from your childhood, or the fact that you're a heterosexual white man who probably expects the woman in your life to make you a baby because your genetics are so superior to everyone else's, that they need to survive for another generation OR SO HELP YOU GAWD, THAT WOMAN IS WORTHLESS!

I think maybe you need to drink more.