Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #1528 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primeval Scum View Post
Nice! That's one of my favorite Carcass songs. Actually, it's probably my favorite Carcass song that's not from Heartwork. Such great riffs. Which reminds me...I still need to listen to Surgical Steel.
First of all, I'm one of the few on here who thinks that Heartwork was their best album. Only melodic death metal album I can think of that incorporates melody without losing any of the intensity of a true death metal band. That album just kills.

And secondly, yes, you do need to listen to Surgical Steel. It's fantastic. As good as anything they've ever done. Has everything that made Necrotism and Heartwork classics. Makes Arch Enemy even more pointless than they already are.

On a different note, this song makes me sad that I don't have a sword to raise up and declare everlasting war against the purveyors of false metal.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote