Music Banter - View Single Post - The many benefits of a child-free life
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #191 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie kid View Post
So what makes somebody hate kids? Do they not spend a lot of time around kids or are they just a misanthrope?
What makes someone so narrow-minded that they look at a child-free person and think "wow, they must really hate the human race!"

I've never liked kids. They make too much noise, they're terrifyingly curious and all too mobile (with hands and thumbs - two things cats don't have full control over), they smell awful, their parents are googly-eyed weirdos who say things like "oh, he's 36 months now!" (he's three, you twat).

I knew from the time I was just a little girl that the motherhood thing wasn't in my genes - it wasn't something I wanted to do. I probably held my sister twice when she was a baby. Since then I've never held a child - I don't know what to do with them (how do you even handle those squirming creatures with shit-bags on their bums?) and when they start making their horrific, unsavory noises, it's even worse.

10 years in retail/service jobs has definitely cemented my disdain for children. I don't hate them, I really don't. Some people have seemingly polite children (I assume I just see them during a "good" moment) and that's cool. I just don't want one. Why is that so difficult for some people to get their heads around?