Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #1550 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
CBC is all about tradition for me, so I'd be sad to see it go. So many memories watching HNIC growing up. Don Cherry can be a joke, but I still look forward to his rants.

I'll be interested to see what happens with Bob McKenzie. He's easily the best hockey analyst/talking head out there, but he seems pretty loyal to TSN.
Oh yeah same. I always remeber watching playoffs on HNIC and im pretty sure the only reason Sportsnet didnt can it off the bat is because Canadians would riot over that nostalgia. But theyve pretty much been a joke for a while now and I have a hard time watching or caring about them when Healy and Stock doing their usual dumb banter while Elliotte tries to babysit them. It's the same with Ron MacLean and Don Cherry. I avoid watching him now because everything he says just infuriates me haha. His view on hockey is so incredibly dated; he's just not relevant anymore.

From what ive heard McKenzie will likely stay on TSN for those odd nhl games theyll get per year. But guys like Ferraro, Johnson or Duthie could easily move on. Im hoping Sportsnet recognizes what an advantage it would be to pick some of these guys up but i mean they pay Doug MacLean so i have low hopes.
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote