Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #25781 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
The rampant meowing bothers me so much. I much rather hear a crying baby than the meow.

I do meow back or just talk to him normally and we have little conversations but when I just walk past him and he meows it just grates on my nerves.

Also when humans meow back to a cat it is pretty much just jumbled words/sounds. I highly doubt we are saying anything similar to what they are saying when we repeat their meow sound.
I'm the exact opposite. The very second a child starts losing their ****, I'm out of there. I can't stand the screeching. I can't even stand the disgusting whining sound. I get that it's their only method of communication, but it just irritates me more than any other sound (snoring and teeth-grinding are right behind it).

At least a sobbing adult can tell you what the problem is.

I love a cat's mew. I love the little sounds they make. Last week Ki and I were visiting his parents and I was holding their cat in my lap. The cat made a little "hmm" sound (I call it the "happy bird sound" - I don't know why) and so I hmm'd back. This went on for several minutes and every time, the cat would nestle his little head into my shoulder.