Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 03:59 AM   #1018 (permalink)
Rjinn
The Aerosol in your Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
A funeral is mostly for the people left behind that have a hard time coping with the person that has passed and needs help grieving so they gather for it and they say it's to pay their respects but it's really just for them not for the dead.
It doesn't matter about how the person feels, we're talking about the symbolization of a funeral. You can go in there with a machete slice open your chest and rip your heart out cry boo, that doesn't change what it is initially representing.

Quote:
If you want to pay respect for the dead you can do that any time you want at their grave site/cemetery.
So how is that different from grieving at a funeral?

Quote:
I just don't like the whole impromptu family reunion-ness of it. Also the type of families that only have a reunion during a funeral but every other time they don't give two shits.
If they didn't give two ****s they wouldn't be at a funeral. They'd be on a family holiday in hawaii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
First let me say people can choose to honour the dead however they want, are free to do whatever it takes to help come to terms with a person's passing. But to me personally once they're dead, they're dead, and I ain't gonna pay their corpse too much mind. Buried in a posh box, or thrown in a ditch, it's all the same to me. I wanna love, honour and respect people while they're alive, not when they're dead.
Of course people can choose how to honor the dead, that's what a funeral gives the option of doing.