Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 03:25 PM   #763 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
why do you insist on calling another way of thinking stupidity?try not to be so offensive when it comes to religion ey? i am attempting to be someone other than my real self and i think most people should because our real self is an angry animal and if everyone behaved according to their instincts we would be no better than animals and all mayham would brake loose. i worship someone because i believe in God and i believe in an afterlife, i keep saying this over and over again, if you choose to live your life and think of everything as random events that have no meaning what so ever that's your choice, but i think you have no right in calling people who choose to live their life by giving some higher meaning to all things stupid, and laughing at the bible and taking the things said in the bible literally is just retarded, as someone who is obviously capable of abstract thought i would have assumed you knew that the old testament is not about cold hard facts and the story of the creation is not to be taken literally but rather simbolically...time is of relevance only to mortal beings such as our selves, if something is infinite , as God is, time is of no importaince ,in fact it doesn't exist, so the moment when God created everything is irrelevant, we cannot understand infinity and the absence of time

I wasn't calling you stupid nor the actual theory since i can't prove it wrong nor can I say why it isn't right. I was saying the logic behind it was stupid. The purpose of life is to reproduce isn't it? Why else would we have genitalia and sperm? I think the term failure in life is when you fail to return the same gift that your parents gave you. Life. You are right about time though. God or no God it is unfathomable as to understanding when it started or how.