Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 12:09 AM   #178 (permalink)
ffmariners
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
I'll start with your edit. I live next to Norfolk, the largest military base in the world. Already two carriers have come home, and I've heard nothing of the "killing of innocent civilians" as you say it. Where you in Iraq? Then don't tell me about what's going on there. (it goes both ways) Are you even from the US? Because if you aren't, don't tell me about what goes on with our Presidents (it goes both ways). Do you understand how ridiculous of an arguement that is? And yes, Clinton was as dirty a President as anyone else. When he was Governor, he shelled money into his wife's business. When he was President, he embarressed the nation by getting sucked off in the oval office.
Oh and BTW, as governor Bush used tax money to build a new stadium for the Rangers. They all do the same thing, your resistance is futile.

Read:

"George W and the Texas Rangers Stadium managers... The group coveted land adjacent to the plot for the stadium. To get the property on the very cheap, a government entity called "the Arlington Sports Faclilties Development Authority" was formed and granted the power of emminent domain. George W and company made a low ball bid for the property (less than one third of fair market value). When the property owners rejected the bid, GWB's group had the ASFDA condemn the property. GW's group then managed to take the private land at 1/7 of its market value. Decent people try to do what is right. Blue Blood elitists such as GW Bush endeavor to do what they can get away with."

"To fund the Texas Rangers stadium, a 1/2 cent sales tax increase was passed. True it was a measure voted on. However, George and the managers threatened to take the team away without the sales tax increase. George W and the wealthy managers of the Rangers could easily have built the stadium without the sales tax increase and still made a huge profit but they would have made a smaller huge profit. So the millions of dollars taken in from the people did not go to fund child education, health or even roads. 15 million of it did find its way into George W Bush's pocket."