Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Listens to Random **** and Talks About It
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #170 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Ironically enough, I ran across an interview with ICP not all that long ago that confirmed one of the strangest things ever -- their whole career has been a front to convert the Juggalo masses to Christianity all along!

Insane Clown Posse: And God created controversy | Music | The Guardian
I've heard the same thing. Sounds like a half-truth. You don't rap about killing people with an axe to relate to the youth, you do it because you're a young goon with a testosterone overload.

And I get the feeling that it's more of a weird combination of black and white Christian philosophy and deism. If you listen to some of their lyrics they actually claim to not go to church and Violent J actually mentions using "Bible pages when rolling my grass" and telling a priest to "eat a dick". I think they just kind of have something against organized religion in general.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote