Music Banter - View Single Post - Does the Friendzone really exist?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I want to know, do you lose respect from a woman who sleeps you quickly after meeting her?
When that happens to me, one of two things will happen.

1. My ego will be stroked (among other things), and I will think we just really hit it off and the stars aligned, and this is something that wouldn't have happened if she were with someone else who didn't quite do it for her.

2. I will assume that she does this all the time, and I will consider her hungry for the lovin', and while I may give it to her because of my own selfish desires, I won't consider anything serious with her beyond a casual fling.

Knowing my current (and I say current for a reason) personality, I'll tend to lean toward option 2.
BUT... at some point I figured out why I was getting that impression and it had everything to do with where I was meeting women and why. Naturally, things played out like they play out.

The good thing about option 2 is that you're in prime real estate for the kind of women you can't judge on defaults, because you're there for a reason, and they're there for a reason. It's a short term social contract, and there is no friend-zoning when you're bringing a woman home from a bar. Indeed, if you get friend-zoned when you drop trouser, that's another statement entirely.

Me, not looking for any sort of meaningful relationship currently, I'll tend to find myself in option 2 territory. And I don't think any less of them than I do myself. It's a mutual thing.

Regarding the whole friend-zone thing, I don't think it's real in the way guys think it's real. Like others have said, it's often a card that's played, or a response to an unreasonable or unexpected event. But people can be fickle about their emotions. Long-time friends can become more than that. It's not an irreconcilable divide. But I do think it's a waste of time for someone to maintain a friendship on the hope of something more, if that friendship isn't the most valuable part of the relationship.