Music Banter - View Single Post - Does the Friendzone really exist?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #41 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Friendzoning definitely exists and it's not just unrequited love. It's like squares and rectangles. All friendzoning is unrequited love, but not all unrequited love is friendzoning. You can have unrequited love and not have all that much contact with a girl, but friendzoning implies some actual intimacy. The way I see it is that it's when a shy guy wants a girl, but can't say anything about it, so he just becomes her best friend to stay close to her. The girl doesn't take him seriously romantically since he's shown himself to be sexually nonthreatening, but enjoys the devotion he shows her and he basically becomes her gay best friend.

It's really not a healthy relationship for either of them since the guy is holding onto a fantasy that is keeping him from developing any romantic relationships with anyone else and the girl is likely getting the emotional fulfillment that she'd normally be getting from a romantic relationship from this guy and not from whoever she happens to be dating. I have a hypothesis that the whole reason that so many guys supposedly in the friendzone complain about the girl dating *******s is because there's a "type" of girl that generally attracts these guys (who themselves conform to their own type): the type of girl who tends to develop unhealthy romantic relationships with *******s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Pfft, what a shit study!

I don't think men go for women that behave similar to their mother but some guys do tend to go for women that they think have more child bearing qualities and would make a good mother not necessarily their own mothers!
I believe it. Your mother was the first, and will likely always be the most important, relationship with a female you will ever have. It basically sets all of the standards you have for women and the patterns of behavior you develop towards them. Even if you don't date women like your mother, I imagine you're still choosing them based on your relationship with the most important woman in your life. Even if you were abandoned by your mother and never knew her this likely will also set the tone for your relationships with women in general.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote