Music Banter - View Single Post - The many benefits of a child-free life
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #253 (permalink)
DarkSkies
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
How do you deal with that? Watching children in public makes me nervous because most of the time their parents are so inattentive, always thinking that it's the employees' responsibility to stop their little snotlings from falling out of shopping carts, running into things, destroying displays, etc.

Then there are the outstanding parents who have children that know well enough to sit their asses down, be quiet, not grab at things, and behave themselves. But those are so rare these days.

I've met a few delightful children at work (one the other day was telling me about how much she loved kitties, and that was nice) but most of them are always seconds away from erupting into a shrill, hellish screaming tantrum worthy of taking 9 xanax and stabbing myself in the uterus until I know it's beyond repair.

However parents deal with their children (especially if they're ill-behaved) is completely beyond me. I'm fine spending the rest of my life peelings cats off of kitchen counters (but only if there's a danger to them being there) and cleaning up the occasional hairball. I don't cringe over cat turds - they bury them, and they don't really smell or look disgusting when you clean the litter box.

Children, on the other hand ... my lord ...

When my sister was a baby, she actually shit up her entire back. Somehow. Just ... shit, everywhere. Shit up to her neck.

No thanks.

There is some sort of masochistic bravery that must come with being a parent.
Well, my little one is only 8 months, and hopefully she will become one who knows how to behave in public. That's the goal I'm aiming for.

And mine crapped up her back and stomach. I had to just hose it all off in the sink and spend a long time then disinfecting the sink. But you deal and manage. I did wish I had a spare set of hands on that one.

I teach middle school as well, so I know many children that are just obnoxious terds. The only solace I have to say there is you feel completely different if they're your own. Every booger I pick of hers just seems like my booger. Gross, but a necessity if I don't want her to be the booger kid at daycare.

To each their own though. Enjoy life. If you get that from kids or a sweet cruise doesn't really matter. I say if anyone tries to tell you that they think you should have kids, tell them you sure hope they didn't have kids, for society's sake.
DarkSkies is offline   Reply With Quote