Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #1654 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
I know Ninetales goes by all the advanced stats and I don't swear by them by any means, but what he's saying really does echo what he's all about. His line always goes up against the best players on the other team every night (for example, he was exclusively used to shut down Crosby last playoffs, and Chara took Malkin), and they consistently get the puck cleanly out of their own zone and pin other teams in their own d-zones. He's always been like that, and it doesn't matter who he's playing with.
Haha yeah. I love analyzing and interpreting stats and i use the fancy stats as more of a reasoning behind what I believe more than anything. Eyes can be deceiving especially on non-substantial plays. Usually they do go along with what is generally known, but it can also be a very good predictor on who will win/lose games in the future and why.

In regards to Nash/Carter, there are about half a dozen players Id take over them (including Giroux) but I dont think they are monumental mistakes. Still both very good players.
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote