Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #26351 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
ahhh that's ****ing ****ty. Did you forget to leave the faucets dripping?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
That blows. The pipes to my kitchen sink froze earlier this week and we were afraid that was going to happen to us as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
That really sucks. Do you have a good house insurance policy that might cover some expenses or replacement of damaged property?
Yes it does, and thanks for the concern.

I moved into my GF's "Condo" ever since she was diagnosed with the big C, and her upstairs neighbor rents the unit out usually. It's been empty for a while and they (she/owner) didn't have the heat going since the last renters were there (not very bright). Needless to say in temps below 0 and no heat, the pipes are gonna freeze, and freeze they did. We were up until 3am last night with a plumber trying to figure out which pipes go where (it's an old building), and this young kid had no clue. So, we'd clean up the water, then he'd try another pipe. We'd clean up that mess, and he'd try another pipe... Finally isolated it, and went to get some rest before work. This morning I went into work to grab some things that need to get done by Monday and went back home to meet with another plumber that spliced in a new section of pipe. All fixed now, but I need to drywall and paint.

The owner above will be footing this bill.