Music Banter - View Single Post - What phone do you have?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #82 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I've had both an iPad and a Nexus 7 and I ended up selling the Nexus because besides reading, I found doing things on the Nexus 7 to be very hard. I think a tablet really does need to be 10" in order to be useful for other things. My first gen iPad is starting to get pretty dated but for the things I use it for (Netflix, ebooks, comics, basic browsing, etc.) it does the job just fine.

I'd honestly give the Microsoft Surface a look. You can attach a full keyboard to it and use it just like a laptop so it becomes far more portable and I have a feeling Windows 8 becomes bearable if you use it for what it was actually designed for.
Ta, seen this recommended a fair bit. Basically the guy said that it's the best tablet out, iPads and Nexus' are good if you just want to play Angry Birds and go on Facebook but they aren't good enough for proper work.

I don't think the screen size would bother me tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
My wife has one and I use one for work. I'm not the kind of person who would buy a tablet simply because I don't see a lot of use for them in my life aside from my work, but that said I think that iPads work well, are easy to use, seem to hold a charge forever. So I'd recommend them.

The new OS is mostly fine, by the way, though I do think they've made the music and iBooks apps worse in it.
Nice one mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
If you are anti apple then stick your ground and don't buy into the hype.

Also if you already have a nexus phone why not get the N7 so that you can sync everything up.

The battery might not be as long as an iPad but the charger charges the device so ****ing quickly. I even use the N7 charger to charge my S2 because of how quickly it charges devices.
Nice one DJ.

I don't care about hype, their products have been hyped for years but I've not bought cos there were just better alternatives available, for less money. I'm anti Apple but I would probably buy one of their products if I could justify it and it was the best one for what I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Okay, I've only used it on a computer. And as far as tablets go I've only tried iPad and Android.
Which did you prefer?
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote