Music Banter - View Single Post - Madonna VS Lady GaGa
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 08:14 AM   #132 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Lady Gaga has so many videos that by pass the creativity in Papa Don't Preach.

What about Vogue? creative video- pretty good pop song

What about Express Yourself? creative video pretty good pop song

Madonna is not an icon JUST because she had creative music videos. She is an icon because she made pretty good pop songs that were creatively illustrated in video and stage.

You cant have one without the other.

They are artists so the music has to come first regardless of what the music video looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
We might as well just end this exchange because you have your opinion which I consider wildly crazy and misinformed and you probably feel the same about mines and we won't change our minds but you can go ahead and keep thinking that Papa Don't Preach is more creative than Alejandro, Bad Romance and the Born This Way video.

Once again this discussion is not just about music videos. Its about EVERYTHING: song, lyric, production, performances, etc.

Alot of the type of music Gaga does was already done before i.g. David, Elton, Madonna etc.

So when I listen to her music I dont say " Wow this is so new and creative who would have thought of this?" lol But most young people think that because they are not expose to other styles of music or artists before their time.

Papa dont Preach was daring at the time because of the subject matter regardless of the video.

You dont have to like Madonna but I think you are minimizing her impact just because you prefer Gaga
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote