Music Banter - View Single Post - Stupid **** You Do To Entertain Yourself
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

If I'm traveling in a car and there's a speck of dirt on the window, I like to imagine it's a person running parkour style against the backdrop of the scenery that we're driving past. As we approach things; a tree, a house, a lamppost, I move my head slightly up or downwards and thus the person 'clears' the obstacle. If you get the timing right it's quite convincing.

Sometimes when walking home I close my eyes and keep walking, the most steps I've taken without opening my eyes again is 7, I always bottle it and when I open my eyes I'm still in the middle of the pavement anyway.

Another thing I do is when walking down the road, if there's another person on the other side walking in the same direction and in front of me, I race them. Sometimes I underestimate the competitor and they are quite a fast walker & I don't always set the finish line (a certain landmark, post box, next street etc) far enough ahead and end up almost sprinting to protect my undefeated record.

I ask myself questions that have yes or no answers based on things I want to happen, then set myself a challenge in my head based on what I'm doing and if I'm successful then said scenario happens, e.g. if I throw this apple core in the bin, Villa will win tonight. If I miss I just throw it again until it lands in the bin.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote