Music Banter - View Single Post - Prince vs. Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #76 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
Prince is definitly more funkier of the two
but

Michael had more funkier tunes with his brothers as "The Jackson's". You should check out albums like "Triumph", "The Jackson's", "Goin Places" or "Destiny"

Michael could definitly get funky and gritty with the vocals and his production. Check this out...

Michael cuttin up on this and when I mean cuttin up.... I mean getting down, dirty and funky! lol I can not stand Joe Jackson but he had their production, songwriting down to the T during this era. And that Motown polished sound is not there with those albums . They definitly got more funkier.

Also, Off The Wall had alot of funk elements as well. Get On The Floor is FUNKY like I dont know what lol

I think MJ tried to go back to his R&B roots with Invincible I would have loved to see him do more funk too.
Thats a good point and I'm glad you brought it up, I never hold the Jackson 5 into consideration when discussing music concerning Michael solo career. I agree with you as well concerning his Off the Wall album too. I've always wanted to cover the bass guitar on some of the Jackson 5 singles playing the old Motown classics.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote