Music Banter - View Single Post - Prince vs. Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 12:27 PM   #88 (permalink)
tmaximus
Groupie

Well, it's pretty well established by this point that you're a Mike apologist, and that's fine, but you clearly have not watched many prince concerts. You can be an amazing dancer without choreographing "routines" or having background dancers dancing in sync with you. James Brown is a perfect example (ever see him dance?). Mike was definitely all about the routine and he was the best at that, hands down.

Prince was an amazing dancer in his prime, but his focus was on the music and the show as a whole, with a cast of other characters. Mike was all about Mike, which is fine. To each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
I LOVEEE Prince but I have to disagree with this.

Prince was not a natural dancer. He mostly did splits and his performances were sexually charged. I am not knocking him but I wouldn't call that "dancing"

Michael did intricate footwork, intricate choreography, came up with iconic dance moves and did different styles of dance.. i.e. tap, jazz, hip hop etc.

He is the best pop male dancer of all time. The man had NO FORMAL training. Ive never seen a dancer move the way he did.

Prince does not compete with him on the dance floor and Michael was a MUCH better singer than Prince... I like Prince singing but just saying.

Dont get me wrong, Prince is a GREAT performer but if we are just talking about dancing skills... he is not even in the same conversation as MJ in reference to that
tmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote